Ice Water Games
With Ice Water Games’s new rebrand, a new website was in order. I initially started out in Squarespace, but found it too limiting for the things I wanted to do and the client didn’t want the site to look like any of their templates. I had learned Webflow while working on the Ianuly (below) site and thought it would be a good platform.
Ianuly TA Webflow Project
Ianuly TA contacted S360 for a website built in Webflow that would be easy to update and maintain after it was live. I had never used Webflow before, but found their tutorials easy to follow. I had good visual direction from the client side and the site came together pretty easily after that. Fiddling with some custom interactions and bugs tested my googling abilities, but thankfully the old forum gods smiled on me and I was able to deliver it to the client useable.
Rootproject is a cryptocurrency startup that needed help from S360 with PR and a website. This landed on my desk in the morning and they needed a site by the end of the day. I had free reign with the visuals so long as the client approved. I started out with a fresh, colorful punchy look that the client was a little scared by, so we ended up with a more darker, masculine site with an abstract, undulating video behind the hero. This project was designed by me and implemented by S360's team of developers. They've since moved on to a more robust website, but it's not as pretty!
Humane Voters of Arizona
Tackling the Humane Voters of Arizona (HVAZ) project as a lot more of an undertaking than I initially thought. Looking at the current site (wow hot mess) I was thinking I’d be doing a simple re-skin, but it turned out it had no structure whatsoever, the site map was insane, and there was so so much weird stuff that didn’t make sense or have a place to go. After a whole content audit, finding a concerning amount for broken links, and making a new site map, I could then think about visuals. The client was over the moon when I showed her my initial UXpin site and was pretty open to changes. I used that opportunity to take some liberties with their logo. The logo that was provided to me was a cropped, low-res gif made with bright primary colors and drop shadows. I remade the logo and all its components to stay true to the previous look, but toned down the colors a bit and made an alternate version in white that would work better for the new website design. I let photography drive the new site design knowing that their audience is empathy driven and loves animals.
Out Wickenburg Way
The good people of Wickenburg, AZ desperately needed a site re-design and wanted the same charming quirk as their old website. I put together some sketches, made a UXpin prototype, and presented two solid options with brand new logos, as they were using the Chamber of Commerce's logo before.